|[//'I might once have called you brother, Void Baron+]|
III – For the warrior, the only crime is cowardice
- Narrative: Height of the war.
- Lore: We look at the remaining Partisan Chapters in detail.
- Works: We present forces (Killteam up to full army) of each of the Partisan Chapters, plus battle scenes.
- Tag: #warriorcowardice
It is the thirty-fourth Millennium. Or perhaps the thirty-third. Few now stand securely enough both to claim different; and to be heard.
From beyond the edge of the galaxy, tales have emerged of the return of a legend, so ancient that the word is all-but forgotten.
The region stands in conflict as a strange and wondrous being has assumed command over eleven Chapters Astartes, countless Regiments of the Imperial Guard and sundry Naval and Imperial Church forces. Inquisitors, Navigators, Church leaders other exceptional dignitaries and officers come to stand by him and take up the Caputmori. Across more than four hundred worlds, men and women take up arms with the aim of placing him as Regent of Terra below his supposed father.
Every part of the divided Imperium is represented in Volnoscere's nascent and growing new Imperium.
Every part? Not quite...
Stage III of VI
More than four decades have passed since the 'Primarch' Volnoscere first appeared. Two entire Sectors, encompassing more than six hundred planets, are burning in a vicious civil war between those enforcing the High Lords of Terra's will – the Orthodox Imperium – and the Partisan forces that follow Volnoscere and his Silver Stars.
|[//The loss of Velghor drove the Flesh Eaters to ever more extreme acts of carnage.+]|
|[//The burning Cardinal Worlds of Cambyses were a key target of Volnoscere's advance+]|
Key Warzones and deployments
|[//Sector map with principal belligerents+]|
- Précis – Already ravaged by the assault sent by the Primarch in an earlier stage of the War, the Cardinal Worlds of Cambyses were the site of vicious fighting as the fanatical Ecclesiarchy struggled to drive off the persecuting Partisans. Volnoscere had deployed his most ruthless and unrelenting Astartes here, determined to ensure that the spinwards routes were kept open to prevent the Morqub advance from becoming over-extended. The Iron Guard made their major entry into the war here, declaring for Volnoscere and quickly proving an intimidating foe for the Death Eagles II and Carcharadons in the urban warfare that made up the bulk of the fighting over these old and established worlds.
- [Pentarchy] Death Eagles I, Carcharadons, Flesh Eaters
- [Partisans] Wormwood Sons, Riven Lords, Iron Guard
- Précis – The Pentarchy Chapters who had led the assault on Ishim were stationed here, and the Red Fish demanded to be allowed to lead the advance. The unfamiliarly aggressive mode of warfare for the previously-balanced Chapter led both to great and swift gains, and to colossal losses. This was noted as a mar on Volnoscere's judgement by the High Lords. The more depleted Partisan Chapters – the ravaged Firebreak especially – marched to war here alongside Silver Stars reserves, allowing their Chapter Masters to command Chapter-strength forces. In this way, the Silver Stars – notable for their relatively poor performance against the ruthless Astartes facing them, benefitted from the veteran commanders' insights.
- [Pentarchy] Flesh Eaters, Charnel Guard, Death Eagles I
- [Partisan] Silver Stars, Red Fish, Inheritors, Firebreak
- Précis – A haven for Partisan forces, the Tannbach Cluster, heart of the small Pythinia Subsector had effectively been annexed by the Marines Saturnine prior to the outbreak of hostilities. The reclamation of Neo Jove – seized early in the mid war by the Marine Saturnine, was high on Master Enoch's list of priorities, and it proved a contentious site, swaying back and forth between Partisan and Pentarchy control for much of the period.
- [Pentarchy] Carcharadons, Red Talons, Death Eagles II
- [Partisans] Marine Saturnine
- Précis – Initially a war of strike and fade, eventually the fleet-based Chapters of the Partisans were forced into a ground war against the Red Talons and Death Eagles II. The battles here were particularly vicious and hard-fought, as the region had been hitherto largely untouched by the War. While the Pentarchy's garrisons and holdfasts across the region were well-provisioned and forewarned, not everything was against the Partisans. The draining and brutal occupation by the Red Talons had embittered many local groups, and the garrulous and charismatic Jade Talons and Void Barons found many resistance groups across the worlds of the region that hailed them as deliverers, and rose up to aid them. Although their support for the Primarch was by this point fragmenting at the revelations following Chapter Master Argo's death, the Star Wardens' key role in this stage of the war became clear towards the end of the conflict here.
- [Pentarchy] Red Talons, Death Eagles II
- [Partisan] Star Wardens, Jade Talons, Void Barons
|[//Storm Tyrants domains+]|
- Précis – Nebula-shrouded and hidden, the Myrean League Shieldworlds were a wonder of artifice and stark beauty; tightly shepherded into the Storm Tyrants' grotesque ideal of perfection. Indeed, so protective of their peculiar utopian scheme was this recondite Chapter that they became violently embroiled against Partisan and Pentarchy alike. After bitter bloodshed made it clear that resistance would result in their own extinction and the destruction of all they held dear, the Storm Tyrants at last approach the Partisans – though the defiant Chapter still insisted the 'Primarch' give his word to preserve the Shieldworlds before they would submit to his command.
- [Pentarchy] Charnel Guard
- [Partisan] Silver Stars, Storm Tyrants, Argent Heralds